Book 1, Post 1: In My Skin by Brittney Griner
I have chosen to read In My Skin, by Brittney Griner. There are several reasons for why I have chosen this autobiographical memoir. In case you don’t know who the author is, in which you probably do given current news surrounding her, Brittney Griner is a professional basketball player for the Phoenix Mercury of the WNBA. But since February, she’s been imprisoned in Russia for possession of two vape cartridges at Moscow airport, and has been sentenced to nine years. Like Griner, though, I play basketball and have a huge passion for the game. This actually serves as one of the main reasons why I chose In My Skin, so that I would be able to relate with both the content and the author of the book.
Originally published in 2014, In My Skin does more than just give a glimpse of Griner{s life as one of the biggest WNBA stars and personalities. It takes a heartfelt dive into Griner’s coming of age story, as she reveals how she was able to find her true self through her life’s painful episodes and negative people. The memoir teaches readers about self love from the inside-out, and about staying true to themselves. I look forward to reading and learning more about what challenges Griner has faced in her years, and the many lessons of self love her personal battles have taught her.
Comments
Post a Comment