Book 2, Post 1: Atomic Habits by James Clear
For Book 2, I’m reading a book called Atomic Habits, by James Clear. This book is actually a personal development book that was gifted to me by my Godfather around this time last year. I’ve chosen to read Atomic Habits to kill two birds with one stone. First, I really wanted to pick back up reading the book to better understand habits and how to maintain good ones. Second, I needed a book to fulfill this assignment!
So far, I LOVE Atomic Habits and what it has to offer. Clear opens by defining the words “atomic” and “habit.” “Atomic: 1. an extremely small amount of a thing; the single irreducible unit of a larger system. 2. the source of immense energy or power.” Habit: a routine or practice performed regularly; an automatic response to a specific situation.” I found it to be pretty cool how Clear broke up the words so his readers could better understand what an atomic habit was. He then dives into the fundamentals, including the actual power of atomic habits and how habits shape one’s identity (and vice versa). What I enjoyed reading the most was Clear’s guidance on how to build better habits. I’m actually really excited to keep reading and learning more about how to build good habits and break bad ones.
Comments
Post a Comment