Random Post
I don’t know what to write about for this random post so I’m just going to free-write about things that I love and have passion for! Ever since I first picked up a ball when I was five years old, basketball has been a huge passion of mine. From playing to watching, or even reading about it, it’s been a big part of my life. It’s my lifestyle and has become my identity in a way. The way I dress, how I spend my free time, my workplace, all the way down to the friends I have now, it all has to do with basketball. I like to think of basketball as a best friend. He is always there for me, never gets old, and it’s always a good time when I step on the court. Whenever I’m having a rough day, I can always count on my good ol round-shaped friend to take my mind off things. I really do love basketball!
I also have a strong passion for shoes. I like to refer to myself as a “sneaker enthusiast.” It all started when my Godfather gifted me my first pair of Kobe Bryant shoes in the 5th grade. They were a “Sulfer/Electric” colorway. Tones of black and yellow symbolize The Black Mamba. They were TOUGH. I actually still have them to this day. Anyways, from there, I began collecting all types of Kobe colorways and styles. Then it moved on to Jordans, and as years continued to go by, I fell in love with the Nike Dunk Low shoe. Just like basketball, shoes became a part of my identity. I could have the worst outfit on, but my shoes will ALWAYS top it off, even if I'm just wearing a pair of slides.
Seeing people win is another passion of mine. Being a part of someone's journey to success brings me so much joy, words cannot even describe it. Like, I'll nearly celebrate their success with them as if it's my success too. I mean, I guess it is in a way if I consider them my friends. What brings me maximum joy though? Putting people in the position TO win. I learned that one of the greatest joys is doing something for someone without the expectancy of anything in return. Since learning that, I do my best to look out for people. Kinda went on a tangent there, but yeah!
Hi Kennedy, I love how you tied the three things together, from basketball to your love for sneakers and passion for winning. As for sneakers, do you think being LA makes it easier for you to collect theses sneakers (since we have Melrose, Fairfax etc) or is it more competitive because LA is a big city?
ReplyDelete