Random Post #2
Graduation is coming up and I’m having so many mixed emotions and feelings about it. On one hand, I’m super excited to graduate and earn my Bachelor’s Degree. It was always a dream to come to USC, but never did I think I’d actually be living my dream to the extent that I am now, and so fast! These last few years have BLOWN by. Part of this feeling is due to COVID’s impact on classes/school, but another part is definitely due to me just now realizing that I’m on my way to graduating from a school I once dreamt of going to. Since my realization though, I’ve been taking school day by day and have really been living in the moment.
On the other hand, I love my college experience at SC and don’t really want it to come to an end. I transferred here during the spring semester of my sophomore year, but school was still remote back then due to COVID. I just feel like I’m just now starting to get in the groove of things and find my “place” in the school. I’ve been involved with the USC Women’s Basketball Team for over a year, but I’m finding my place in other areas affiliated with student life. The more involved I continue to get involved and the more I think back on how much I’m enjoying myself here, the more I consider staying another year or two for graduate school.
I also wonder where I’ll end up a year from now. Where I’ll be living, whether or not I’ll still be in school, where I’ll be working, etc. I find a lot of beauty in the way life unfolds. You can always have a plan and goal for yourself and the person you want to become, but you never truly know until you get there. Upon this realization, I’ve fallen in love with the journey, and never the destination. I apply this idea to just about everything in my life – school, work, socially, etc – as serves to enhance my overall appreciation.
Hi Kennedy, I totally agree! College has definitely flown by and I feel like there's so many parts of USC I haven't experienced yet. I am definitely trying to make the most of the rest of senior year.
ReplyDeleteHi Kennedy! I really enjoyed reading your post. My friends and I have been talking about how it is going to be so interesting to look at our lives a year from now. Senior year has really been a bittersweet time!
ReplyDeleteHi Kennedy! Really enjoyed reading your post because I am also a Senior and Graduation is coming up. I like the way you look at it though and are being so positive about life taking you where it is supposed to!
ReplyDeleteHi Kennedy, this is a great reflection of senior year that I definitely relate to as well. Time has flown by so fast and I am so appreciative of each day now more than ever. Loved hearing your mindset about living in the present, which is something I need to remind myself of more often!
ReplyDeleteHi Kennedy! Finding beauty in the journey rather than the destination really resonates with me, probably because I'm the last person that would know how to do that. After being super gung-ho with recruiting and all the rest throughout my first three years here, I've finally come up to take a breath and realized everything else college has to offer. Hope you're able to continue enjoying this for as long as you still want to.
ReplyDeleteHi Kennedy! I'm learning that you and I have a lot in common. I also transferred in my sophomore year when class was remote. I still remember how hard it was back then and now I'm also juggling many things and trying to plan things out after graduation. It is sometimes terrifying to think about my life after graduation, but I'm so excited about what the future holds for us!
ReplyDeleteHi Kennedy, the thought of graduation is definitely looming us over seniors. Like you, I transferred online during the spring semester of my sophomore year. Back then, I could not even imagine what my life on campus would have been like and I am really happy with how it all turned out. Time really flew by and thank you for a reminder to be in the present!
ReplyDelete